Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hello Wednesday

My Wednesdays are weird. I have an hour class at 1000 and another hour class at 1400. That gives me four hours of farting about. Of course, my usual plan is to take a nap for those four hours, but my sleeping hours are usually foiled by College Humor or Facebook or shopping for stuff I won't buy. Yes, it is a fantastical life I lead, full of danger and wacky escapades. And each day ends with a cheesy joke and everyone around me laughs. Tune in tomorrow.

I'm starting to stress. Not about finals because that would be silly. I've never stressed over a final. No, I'm starting to stress about evil. Yes, the root of all evil and the path to all happiness. I'm speaking, of course, about money. Turns out that Grand Canyon University told my sister the wrong information about financial aid saying that my step-dad's income did not have to be included. As it happens, yes it does. That means it has to on my financial aid. Amanda already had her grant taken away, so there's a good chance they'll take my grants away too. I like that money. I grew attached to it. It pays my rent. Without those grants and with no chance to take more loan money, I'm stuck with having to spend the money I had put away for a car and get a job to pay for my rent. None of this is for sure yet, but I have a bad feeling about it. I'll be fine; I know that. It's just that I was excited about getting a car, and know that might not happen.

I've made a decision. I've decided to start drawing again. I've said this many times over the last few years, and it hasn't stuck yet. Drawing is something that I know I could eventually do well. I can see potential in my scribblings, but I tend to get frustrated and quit. We'll just have to see how that goes. If I keep up with it long enough, I might even post some drawings. Wouldn't that be exciting.

No comments: